Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Some Funny Stories

Ok, so here are some stories of funny things that have happened at gym.  These are mostly inside jokes that my team and I have with each other. Enjoy…

1. I NEED A BAGEL!
Ok, so every day at gym, we stretch for about 15 minutes, and then we condition.  Conditioning, for those of you who don’t know, is basically doing hard stuff to make you stronger…(push-ups, burpies, pull ups, running, etc.)  Ok, so we were in the middle of doing push-ups, and Sophie was almost done.  She was getting slower and her arms were shaking and you could tell she was tired.  All of a sudden she screamed, “I NEED A BAGEL!!” and then, her arms gave out and she collapsed on the ground.  We were laughing so hard because we didn’t know why she said that.  Anyway, now we bring her bagels to every competition. 

2. Red Scrunchie
So we have pretty ugly competition leotards and we have been asking our coach, Tina, to get us new ones for years.  So one day we were on bars and I just made a comment like, “yeah, that'll happen as soon as we get new competition leos.” (meaning: that'll never happen)  Then tasia says to me, “Ms. Tina told me we were getting new ones!”  Naturally I ran over to Tina to ask her if it was true.  She said yes, we were getting long-sleeve, red and white leos.  Now I was super exited…but after a couple minutes, I started thinking.  Now heres a little bit of background info,  I loooooooovvve to have super cute braided/twisted/sparkly hair for competitions.  So I was thinking about my hair scrunchie collection… no red!!! This couldn’t be happening!  My hair always has to be on point for meets.  I looked over at Tina, she saw the panic in my face and asked what was wrong.  I asked, “The new leos…do they come with a red scrunchie??”  She thought that this was the funniest thing in the world because she literally fell on the ground laughing.  I guess you had to be there…Yeah, i’m pretty much a dork.

3. BONUS POINTS!!
So we were vaulting and there was another class that was using the end of the vault runway to do tricks into the pit.  So Tasia was just having a really sucky day because she was in a lot of pain because her foot was really hurting her.  So one of the idiots in the other class thought it would be a funny idea to throw foam blocks from the pit at Tasia when she was vaulting.

This is what a pit block looks like
Photo Courtesy of: funandfunction















Anyways, so Tasia was running full speed, ready to vault, when this kid throws a foam block at her face. Tasia, naturally still vaulted because if she didn't, she would smash full speed into a big chunk of metal and foam.  So she vaulted...it was bad...she landed...and then she tripped...into the wall.  Luckily she was smart enough to do an okay enough vault that she didn't get hurt.  She was just in a lot of pain because of her foot.  Ms. Tina, my coach, told us that we were done with vault.  When she asked Tasia what was wrong, she told her that some kid was throwing stuff at her. Tina told us, "boys are idiots, they don't think, you just have to think for them." -ok I promise this story gets funny soon- 

So Cody was just like...
Photo Courtesy of: memegenerator













She was like, "how are we supposed to think for them when they're throwing stuff at us?!"

Cody:
"How to vault"
1. Run as fast as you can
2. Make sure to dodge the flying objects
3. If you punch them away...BONUS POINTS!"

Idk...it was funny at the time...heres a picture...

I know, I know...I have a gift














That's all byeeeeeee!

PS vote on my poll!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so funny! Things like that have totally happened to me! #relatable

    ReplyDelete