Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

GTC Meet

Why hello there!

This weekend I had yet another competition! This one was in Lehi at a gym called GTC.  This is one of my teams favorite meets!

Our first event was beam, YIKES! Brenna went up first and I was second.

*side note*
Just so you are aware, this is the order the team always goes in at competitions:
Brenna
Maggie
Kylie
Tasia
It isn't in any particular order, we just like it that way.

Back to beam.  I went up after Brenna.  I stuck everything but my cartwheel and scored an 8.45. Beam wasn't our best, and you can't blame us because it was our first event of the competition.

Next was floor.  We waited, and waited, and waited, until finally it was our turn.  I walked onto the floor and did a great routine.  Except that I tripped over myself a little bit in one of my dance moves. I scored a 9.25 getting me first place!

After floor, we headed over to vault.  I had okay vaults, not my best. I scored a 8.85, third place.  The funniest thing happened at vault though.  When tasia was going, she hit the springboard and the moment her hands hit the table she made the funniest noise! She was like. "HUUUUUUHGGGGHHUH!" We were all laughing so hard!

Our last event was bars.
If you remember from my last post, my bars were not very good because I got a huge deduction for not having a vertical cast on high bar. But this time was different! My cast was great and I got an 8.9!

My scores!


Awards!
We waited FOOOOOORRRRRREEEEVVVEEEERRRR!! I'm not joking.  After bars we waited about half an hour for awards to start and then there was about an hour of awards before my age division.  But finally we started awards!
Vault: 3rd
Bars: 5th
Beam: 7th
Floor: 1st!!
AA: 3rd

In the team awards, our team placed 3rd which was really good considering there was like 14 teams there.  Kylie did really well and scored first place all around.

After the meet we (of course) went to noodles and company for some celebratory noodles!  It was super fun and we had a great time.  After noodles we had some cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy!  The meet ran really late so basically we were eating dinner at around 10ish.

Overall this was a pretty good meet! Here are some pictures!

Waiting for Floor to start

Sideways, but whatevs

After awards

Back at noodles!


Kylie taking ugly snapchats.


That's all for this post, vote on my poll!
Maggie

P.S. My next meet is the winter classic which is not for a couple of weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment