Pages

Monday, May 11, 2015

Saying Goodbye :(

Wow. This has been one crazy year.

If you are unaware, this blog is an assignment for Honors English and my teacher told us to write our final post about ways we have changed this year. Since I live on the wild side (and because I asked Mr. Parker and he said it was ok) I am going to write more about THINGS that have changed in my life over the year.

1. Cody Quit Gymnastics
If you are a peasant and didn't know... My best friend quit gymnastics at the beginning of the year. It was tragic at the time but it's A-OK because were still friends, even though we don't necessarily see each other nearly as much as we used to, we still hang out and play pool *trying not to laugh at how much me and cody suck at pool because people are still taking the sage test rn* It still sucks not having Cody at gym but its all good in the hood.

2. Kylie joined our team!
After Cody left, gymnastics was kinda rough, no offense to my other teammates but I didn't have my twin, The Co to my Ma (maggie + cody = maco). BUT THEN...Kylie joined and at first I was all like "Ew she's gross and also better than me at beam" but then I was like "hey, she's kinda chill".  Over the school/competition year we became BFFs. Basically now Kylie is my sister. We are the kind of friends where we are so close that we can fight with each other instead of awkwardly agreeing with each other so we don't hurt feelings.

3. I had the best season of my life.
This competition season was one of the best. I placed at every competition and my team always swept the podium! I got some of the highest scores ever and had a blast.

4. I started training with the Optional Girls
This year, about half way through the competition season, I started training with the optional girls (level 6-10). This was an incredible opportunity for me because I got much better coaching and the gymnastics was just more fun. This is one of the main reasons why I did so well at State and Regionals.

5. I got 2nd All-Around at state
At the beginning of the year, if you had told me that I would get 2nd all around at state, that the difference between me and first was 0.025, that I would score a 37.1 and that I made the state team, I would tell you that you were crazy. I know for a fact that these scores were a direct result of my new coaches and training schedule! State was an amazing experience and I wish I could do it all over again!

6. I competed for Utah at Regionals
I had an absolutely AMAZING experience competing on the Utah State gymnastics team in Long Beach at regionals. I met so many amazing girls and had an amazing experience. The Utah team got 3rd (that's really good)!!

The Utah State Gymnastics Team


7. I quit
Sadly this competition season was my last. I have decided to quit gymnastics. Gymnastics has been one of the best decisions I have ever made and I am so thankful. Thank you so much to everyone who has made the past years of my life so amazing. Thank you to my team for all the amazing memories and experiences. I will never forget any of it! I love you all to the moon and back!

Goodbye,
Maggie

I don't know why but this picture of me and Kylie running into
the sunset seemed necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment